With Valentine’s Day just a few short days ago, it got me thinking how love really should be celebrated year round. What better place to do that than Victoria, BC, which was crowned the “2016 Top Spot for Lovers in Canada” for the fourth year in a row. Spend some time in our beautiful Inner Harbour city and experience this magic for yourself.
We have listed some favourite romantic date ideas, as recommended by our knowledgeable Front Desk agents.
- Take a stroll along the “Breakwater.” Located a short 15 minute walk from our Victoria, BC hotel, the Ogden Point Breakwater is a narrow walkway that juts about 800 meters from the shore, with a lighthouse at the far end. Along the walk you will be witness to beautiful sea life such as seals and starfish, or even the rare Orca sighting! Grab a coffee or hot chocolate from the Breakwater Café, situated at the beginning of the walkway, and enjoy your couple time together.
- Dinner at Il Terrazzo Restaurant. One of Victoria’s premier Italian restaurants, dine by candlelight beside one of their six brick fireplaces and experience romantic dining at its best! Located only 10 minutes from the Best Western Plus Inner Harbour hotel, our staff can assist with reservations so you do not miss out on this experience.
- In-Room Spa Services. After making your reservation with us at the Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, in Victoria, BC consider booking a “couples massage” with Victoria Spa Services. Their highly regarded spa technicians will provide you service in the comfort of your hotel suite. Advance reservations are recommended so contact our staff to book early.
- Horse and Carriage Tour. What is more romantic than cuddling with your sweetheart while touring Victoria, BC by horse and carriage? With pick up and drop off right at our Inner Harbour, BC hotel lobby, this is a perfect romantic date idea and ideal for daytime and nighttime tours.
- Picnic at Mt. Douglas. This is one of my personal favourites! Mt. Douglas Park is approximately a 20-minute drive from the downtown Victoria, BC core. This large urban forest features an extensive trail system leading through the forest and up to the mountain summit, which provides spectacular views over the surrounding neighbourhood and clear to the Inner Harbour. Pack a picnic dinner and plan to watch our beautiful BC sunset.
With these initial suggestions you are well on your way to planning the most romantic Victoria, BC visit.
Call today or book online to take advantage of the best rates available at our Victoria, BC Inner Harbour hotel!