Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and Victoria is the best place to spend that special day with your special someone! Our scenic harbour city offers a variety of options for you to celebrate the day, and we have put together our staff favourite picks to get you started.
(1) Dinner out – of course Victoria has a plethora of restaurants to choose from, but these suggestions are specific to the dining experience that suits your Valentine’s Day plan.
Scenic Views – Vista 18
Small & Intimate – Heron Rock Bistro
French Cuisine – Brasserie L’Ecole
Romantic – Il Terrazzo
Wine & Tapas – Bodega Bar
Outside of the Downtown/Inner Harbour area – Blighty’s Bistro
(2) Romantic Stroll – as possibly one of the most scenic cities in BC, there are many opportunities to get out and about with your special person. Stroll along tree-lined Government Street from the Inner Harbour to Chinatown, with lots of shopping or window shopping choices along the way. Or take a walk along the Breakwater at Dallas Road. You can stop in to the Breakwater café to grab a coffee or hot chocolate and leisurely make your way, hand in hand.
(3) Scenic Adventure – Victoria’s hiking trails are beautiful year-round and make for the perfect daytime date option. You can get out of town and into nature with only a short drive from our Victoria, BC hotel. Thetis Lake Regional Park offers trails around both Upper and Lower Thetis Lakes, with panoramic views and challenging trails.
(4) Artsy Encounter – Spend your Valentine’s Day immersed in art and culture at Victoria’s largest public art gallery, with its collection of visual and decorative arts. The gallery has an outstanding collection of art from Asia, in addition to historical and contemporary art, and a significant number of works by celebrated Victoria, BC artist, Emily Carr.
(5) Outside of the Norm – Try something completely different and spend time with your date at the Interactivity Board Game Café. With over 500 games available to play in store, you can sit back with a snack or beverage and spend quality time trying something new together.